Click here to initiate an electronic application. Electronic submission is a mult-step process involving an initial account setup followed by a secure email invitation to continue with the application process.
Contact Hays County Case Management for more Information
Call 1-888-710-5255 for assistance in English
Para asistencia in Espanol llama 877-894-8990
Housing Application Resources
Hays County is a subrecipient of the Texas General Land Office (GLO) and as such, administers the 2015 Flood Recovery Program in compliance with GLO program design. Hays County utilizes the state-approved application and supporting documentation to qualify Hays County Residents for assistance. The links below outline required paperwork in the application process. All applicants must complete an application including the submission of supporting documentation in order to qualify for a full eligibility review.
- Homeowner Application - core application document that must be completed and signed by all interested applicants in order to be reviewed for eligibility.
- Right of Entry Release - required release form permitting the Texas General Land Office and Hays County program staff to conduct a scheduled inspection at the damaged property and access the property for construction activities upon eligibility approval. All appointments will be scheduled at the homeowner's convenience with no less than 72-hour notice.
- Income Verification Adjusted Gross Income calculation sheet - when an IRS tax return form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ cannot be obtained for an applicant household as verification of 2017 annual income, household income will be calculated utilizing the AGI calculation sheet supported by the appropriate affidavit(s) and extensive income paperwork.
- Form 14.09 Verification of Income from Business - utilized to verify recurring income from an employer
- Form 14.10 Verification of Social Security Benefits - utilized to calculate household annual income for households that receive non-taxable social security benefits
- Form 14.11 Verification of Pension and Annuities - utilized to calculate household annual income attributed to pension or annuity payments
- Form 14.16 Verification of Cash Contributions - utilized when an individual's main source of income is a cash-based business
- Affidavit of Ownership - in the absence of a valid deed of trust, warranty deed, or Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL), the applicant must certify by notarized affidavit that they have undisputed ownership of the damaged property.
- Affidavit of Principal Residency - in the absence of a homestead exemption, the applicant must certify by notarized affidavit that they lived in the damaged property as a primary residence during the time of flood damage.
- Insurance Affidavit - completed and notarized by the applicant to certify insurance coverage at the time of the storm. This is supported by letters from insurance regarding approval or denial of claims.
- Affidavit of Child Support - any applicant under court order to pay child support on a schedule basis will be required to complete this affidavit and certify they are current with all child support payments.
- Duplication of Benefits Calculation Form - each applicant must provide documentation of prior assistance including insurance award letter(s), FEMA award letter(s), Small Business Administration (SBA) loan award, or other assistance received for the purpose of home repairs due to 2015 flood damage, and must provide receipts for all resulting repairs.
- Duplication of Benefits Verification Form - this form is completed by Hays County and approved by the GLO based on information provided by the applicant for the duplication of benefit calculation.
- Self Certification Statement of Repairs - utilized to document itemized repairs.